Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brandy's Nutritional Makeover

Brandy has been severely malnourished and has a rough, brittle coat and cracked, weak hooves. She needs to gain a lot of weight before I can ride her and toughen up her hooves.

To put weight on and improve her health, she is getting daily:
  • 10 lbs of Alfalfa
  • 10 lbs of Grass Hay
  • Grain (as a vessel for supplements)
  • Source Original Micronutrient Powder
  • 2 Tbsp Corn Oil (for extra fat and calories)
  • Broccoli, carrots, spinach and other treats from the garden


Source Micronutrients is actually ground up seaweed. The idea is that the expanding depletion of our agricultural soils means that even today’s finest feed ingredients are increasingly micronutrient deficient and the oceans are nature’s richest storehouse of micronutrients. Certain marine plants, unlike plants grown on our agricultural soils, are believed to contain the broadest spectrum of trace minerals and other bioactive micronutrients of any plants on earth.

I haven't used this particular supplement before, but it's so highly reviewed that I thought I'd try it out and see how she does. It costs about $0.19 per serving, which is very inexpensive for a quality supplement. 

If I don't see the results I'm looking for within 1-2 months, I'll put her on Grand Complete, which is expensive at $1.40 per serving, but I know it works wonders from Cinnamon's transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment